5 Key Points to Include in Your Staycation Messaging
Staycations Predicted To Help Region Recover
Staycations could be a summer saviour for the hospitality industry this year, and experts predict domestic travel will play a vital part in the region’s broader economic recovery. In research for Arabian Travel Market, Colliers International revealed the percentage of bookings to Abu Dhabi within a 48 km radius increased from just 20 percent in January to 43 percent in March. In Dubai, the percentage rose from 19 percent to 36 percent.
ATM’s Exhibition Director Danielle Curtis described the surge in staycation bookings as being driven by “pent up demand due to an eagerness among the larger populace to make up for lost time and cancelled plans.” So, when selling staycations is on every hotelier’s mind, what messages do you need to stand out?
– Prioritise peace of mind – safety is still the primary concern; don’t shy away from discussing how your precautionary measures are being maintained. Earlier this month, Jumeirah Group announced that it received the Bureau Veritas Safeguard Label for Jumeirah Al Naseem, Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf and Jumeirah Creekside Hotel.
– Ease disappointment – Flight restrictions or reluctance to travel abroad will leave many people feeling disappointed. Highlight some of the benefits they will gain by staying in incredible destinations close by.
– Family entertainment – the recent months have been hard on parents and children alike. What are you doing to give all ages a well-deserved break and enhance their time away (together and as individuals)?
– Nature and sustainability – reconnecting with nature has been identified as a priority for people making travel plans. Demonstrate how your destination helps guests embrace the outdoors and appreciate the local scenery. The commitment to sustainable travel also remains, so don’t forget the previous pledges you made to the environment.
– Price consciousness – consumers are understandably sensitive to price. As well as communicating discounts, focus on added value inclusions, and ways in which guests will receive an elevated experience for their money this summer.