WHAT IS THE FOUNDATION OF GREAT CONTENT?
When meeting clients, one of the many questions I get asked when it comes to creating content is where to start? The whole process of coming up with ideas, writing the content, and then sharing it can be overwhelming. But as the famous saying goes, the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. But what should that first step be? I spend a lot of time with clients working on their content and one of the first questions I ask is, what is the company philosophy?
While many can answer that question, there are also instances where people have no idea. It’s important because this information will be the driving force of your content, helping you create the content plan, set objectives, define your target audience, and assist you in choosing the right platforms to share your content.
An effective corporate philosophy also helps a company develop a certain corporate culture, ethical practices and strengthens the relationship between employers and employees. It also positions the values of the company in the minds of others both within and outside of the organisation.
So if you’re not sure about your company philosophy, here are some questions that will help define it:
- When was the company formed?
- Why was the company formed? What need/gap were you trying to address?
- What have been important milestones in the company over the years?
- What do you promise to your company’s customers, partners/suppliers and employees?
- What are the key ways in which your company fulfils its promise?
- Where do you see your company in 20 years?
- What expansion plans do you have?
- Vision – what is your vision?
- Short-term vision – where do you want to go in the next 5 years?
- Long-term goals – what to you want to achieve in the next 10 – 20 years?
- What are three things every employee should implement daily to fulfill this vision?
- What are your core values/beliefs?
- What values do you look for when hiring your employees?
- What are the standards you expect your employees to uphold when dealing with partners/suppliers?
- What are the standards you expect your employees to uphold when dealing with customers?
- How do you want customers/industry to perceive your business?
- What do you want your clients to remember you for?
- Mission – how will your company achieve this vision?
- How does your company work towards fulfilling your vision?
- How do you develop/improve processes and employees?
- How do you improve service standards and delivery?
- How do you control/monitor your service, and ensure that it is consistent?
- What are your KPIs? How do you improve/develop these?
- What is your strategy for growth?
- How do you inspire and motivate your employees?
RELATED READING: How To Be Successful In Business Writing
If you need help to develop a communication strategy for your business, get in touch on +9714 368 0882.