Writing effective award submissions
Okay, so it’s not quite the Oscars but winning awards in a competitive travel and tourism industry is no easy feat. After months of carefully researched business decisions, strategic plans and successful operational and marketing outcomes, awards are often the icing on the cake. They increase credibility, add to your company profile and boost team morale. It’s important to realise that most of the onus of the award effort, rests on effective award submissions and it pays to keep these points in mind.
– Effective, impactful and to the point. What kind of a difference did your work make? Facts and figures not only strengthen your point, but also give you an edge on the competition.
– Recognise what matters. Don’t leave out important elements and don’t unnecessarily clutter your submission with the irrelevant. The right supporting material will help tell your story better, but pages and pages of details, will lose your reader in no time.
– Answer well. Questions will be asked in submission documents. Answer them clearly, crisply and leaving no room for doubts.
– Use the right words. Let’s face it, that’s what’s going to get the judges attention and make you stand out. Whether it’s a powerful introduction, a bulleted summary of achievements or an infographic, words maketh the award winner.
– Weave your story. Awards are about achievements and achievements are about stories. Tell yours well and take your reader on a journey of well-placed information.
– It needs to be perfect. Just like anything else that deserves to win an accolade of any sort.
Finally, here are a list of upcoming travel and tourism industry awards that you may want to consider:
Find out more about what Travel Ink can do to give you an edge over competition. Contact me on Karen@travel-ink.com